Location: Newark, Delaware
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
ChristianaCare Hospitalist APC, Observation Care Team
ChristianaCare is currently looking for a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our expanding Observation Care Team! The selected candidate will be a part of the hospitalist group, CCHP, with a focus on observation care. He/she will provide clinical management to patients admitted under observation care with the support and collaboration by a hospitalist physician.
Full-time positions consist of 16 shifts per 4-week block rotating between 1o hour day/evening/night shifts and weekend coverage.
Available positions include:
- Rotating day, evening, night. 10-hour shifts.
- All evenings (swingternist) noon-10pm
*All swingternists receive a shift reduction of 2 in a 4-week block
Don't miss this opportunity to join a great team!
- Perform daily rounds and assesses health status of assigned patients through complete physical examination and medical history.
- Analyze patient data and formulate an individualize plan of care based on patient assessment and needs in collaboration with the physician, nursing, and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Evaluate and monitor the effectiveness of prescribed management plan.
- Establish priorities based on patient needs and act on these accordingly.
- Order, interpret, and/or perform necessary diagnostic testing or labs.
- Initiate referral to appropriate resources and services.
- Foster efficient patient flow through system or discharge.
- Complete appropriate and timely documentation in the electronic health record (EHR), which includes history and physical (H&P), consults, progress notes, orders, and discharge summaries.
- Submit billing in a timely fashion according to policy.
- Utilize teaching/learning principles coupled with an expert clinical knowledge to promote and provide education and counseling to the patient and/or family including teach back.
- Act as a liaison for patients, families, and other health professionals.
- Participate in discharge planning, resource allocation, and/or family meetings.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of best practice guidelines/protocols, quality and performance improvement projects, algorithms, and research.
- Provide excellent customer service and assist in efforts to improve patient satisfaction scores.
- Strive for the highest quality in all aspects of work performance and assume responsibility for improving care/services including onboarding of new team members.
- Learns and uses new information, skills and knowledge.
- Maintains privileges, mandatory education, and regulatory requirements as needed for area of specialization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Licensed or eligible for Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant license in the state of Delaware
- Prescriptive Authority or eligibility for the state of Delaware
- DEA registration required
- BLS & ACLS required