Location: Summit, New Jersey
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Internal Number: 18207548
Atlantic Health System is seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner for our AMG Epilepsy Center in Summit, NJ. The successful candidate will have experience with patients who have epilepsy and symptoms including seizures This position is Monday -Friday, day shift.
As a clinical expert and patient advocate, the NP will provide education to nurses and participate in outreach to both clinicians and patients.
Upon completion of orientation, the NP will practice more independently at one or more of our Atlantic Neuroscience Institute satellite clinics to provide greater access to our patients.
General Description of Role:
The Neuroscience Nurse Practitioner, (NP), is a member of the neuroscience care team and has primary responsibility for the management of patients with neurological conditions within the neuroscience inpatient, outpatient, and intermediate care settings. The NP practice model promotes cross-disciplinary quality patient care, educational development, and leadership /consultancy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use expert knowledge, skills and clinical judgment to identify potential/actual diagnoses and appropriate interventions for the neuroscience population
- Formulate a treatment plan based on clinical findings, interpretation of laboratory results, diagnostic procedures and patient/family involvement.
- Make appropriate referrals to other healthcare disciplines and community agencies, as needed
- Determine the effectiveness of the treatment plan and reassess and/or modify to achieve optimal health maintenance goals
- Advocate and promote patient autonomy through all clinical actions and decisions. Whenever possible, involve patient and/or designee in clinical decision making
- Partner with nurse educator when assessing educational needs of the clinical staff. Collaborating with the educator to provide ongoing educational programs for the healthcare team. This includes developing unit based educational programs, corporate sponsored conferences and referrals for educational programs outside the institution
- Create opportunities and provides oversight for precepting new NP's
- Role model clinical practice that reflects communication, mutual respect, leadership and critical thinking for nursing staff
- Act as clinical resource for department of nursing in educational programs/committee structures and unit-based needs related to Neuroscience nursing
- Support accreditation, compliance and regulatory activities within the organization. Maintains responsibility / records for all regulatory requirements concerning education for nursing staff
Consultation and Leadership
- Serve as clinical expert and leadership consultant to nursing, members of the healthcare team and community at large
- Collaborate with nursing manager to evaluate supplies and capital purchases
- Promote recruitment and retention by providing guidance, support and professional development of staff
- Assists with the implementation of policies and procedures. Develop clinical policies and procedures, when indicated. Responsible for ongoing review of unit-based policies annually
- Participate in hospital-based committee functions as determined by nursing manager and Chief Nursing Officer (CNO)
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
- Must be licensed or eligible for licensure in New Jersey
- ACLS and BLS certification required
- Minimum 2 years of Neuroscience and/or Epilepsy experience preferred
- Strong work ethic and a team player who can work independently
- Competitive salary
- Robust benefits with health, dental, Rx and vision plans
- 403b retirement plan with company match
- Comprehensive Malpractice Policy
- Non-Profit Health System - eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness
- $2500 for Annual CME and Time Off incremental to PTO days
- Tuition reimbursement for Advanced Degrees
- Voted "Great Place to Work "- 14 years strong!
- Outstanding growth & mentorship opportunities
To learn more about this position and other opportunities with Atlantic Health System, please email your CV to Genesis Ochoa, Physician & Advanced Practice Recruiter at Genesis.Ochoa@atlantichealth.org
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined with the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 14th year in a row to Fortune's "Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For" list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families, and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.