Location: Akron, Ohio
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The Pediatric Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (PSANE) / Forensic Registered Nurse (RN/APRN) will be responsible for responding to sexual assault survivors at Akron Children's Hospital by providing timely, non-judgmental, trauma-informed, compassionate.
- Develop a plan of care in collaboration with the Emergency Department attending physician and social worker and completes collection of forensic evidence collection using the Ohio Department of Health Rape Evidence Kit.
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) and pregnancy testing
- STI and pregnancy prophylaxis
- Perform head to toe physical assessment with photo and written documentation of any cutaneous injuries
- Maintain chain of custody for each forensic exam and adhere to evidence protocols
- Completes all required mandatory education by deadlines
- Participate in professional development as determined by the PSANE program, including staff meetings, conferences, and in-services and mandatory education.
- Maintain PSANE supplies, documentation tools and equipment
- Maintain contact with the PSANE Coordinator and Care Center for one year after contract termination in order to respond to any subpoenas for cases examined.
Submit on-call availability to SANE coordinator to facilitate on-call scheduling per contract
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is preferred.
Education and Experience
- Registered nurse
- Minimum of two years current pediatric nursing experience
- Completion of a 40-hour didactic/online pediatric sexual assault nurse training
- Sign a 2-year contract of commitment to the P-SANE program
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: