$2,500 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Registered Nurses will be working with patients primarily in a facility setting. They perform as part of a care team including a team of Nurse Practitioners, Care Navigator, and other supporting team members. They deliver role appropriate patient care through visits, telephonic outreach, and interdisciplinary team activities.
The Registered Nurse may perform care and counsel of the ill, injured, or infirm, in the promotion and maintenance of health with individuals, groups, or both throughout the life span. They help to manage health problems and coordinate health care for the patients in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations and the nursing standards of care. This includes (but is not limited to) assessment of health status, development and implementation of plan of care, and ongoing evaluation of patient status and response to the plan of care. Clinical management is conducted in collaboration with other care team members.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm with flexibilty for possible evening/weekend work pending business/member needs
Location: Chesterfield, VA
Travel: 100% Field based position thoughout Chesterfield, VA
- Reports to Clinical Services Manager
- Provide preventative and primary care for patients in assigned long term care facilities
- Work with primary care physicians to provide the best care possible
- Collaborate with the nursing staff and the patients' families
- Work with the facility's utilization review process
- Assess the health status of members as within the scope of licensure and with the frequency established in the model of care
- Establish goals to meet identified health care needs
- Plan, implement and evaluate responses to the plan of care
- Work collaboratively the multidisciplinary team to engage resources and strategies to address medical, functional, and social barriers to care
- Consult with the patient’s PCP, specialists, or other health care professionals as appropriate
- Completely and accurately document in patient’s electronic medical record
- Provide patients and family members with counseling and education regarding health maintenance, disease prevention, condition trajectory and need for follow up as appropriate during each patient visit
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission, core values and goals of UnitedHealthcare and its healthcare delivery including the ability to integrate values of compassion, integrity, performance, innovation and relationships in the care provided to our members
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate degree or higher in Nursing
- Current unrestricted RN License in the state of Florida
- 5+ years of relevant experience in clinical assessments
- 1+ years of experience in a long-term care setting, community setting or critical care
- Solid computer skills, including use of Electronic Medical Records and Excel Spreadsheets
- Ability to travel up to 100% of the time for field-based work; valid driver’s license; travel up to one and a half hours one way
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Baccalaureate degree preferred (BSN)
- Familiarity with the long-term care business environment
- Effective time management and communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.