Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Inova Heart and Vascular Institute is seeking an experienced advanced practice provider for a full-time position in the cardiovascular surgery operating room.
- This position is CVOR only.
- Advanced practice providers with at least two years of experience in cardiovascular surgery are eligible to receive a $20,000 sign on bonus.
- Our board-certified and fellowship-trained surgeons have performed thousands of procedures and pioneered many new treatment and recovery approaches with results rarely matched nationwide
- STS 3-star composite score for CABG and isolated AVR
- Top 2% in the country for TAVR volume
- Mitral valve repair center of excellence
- Gold level ELSO award for excellence in life support
- Busy heart and lung transplant program performing 100 total transplants in 2022
- The preferred candidate needs a minimum of 2 years of experience as a first assistant in cardiac surgery. Past intensive care unit/step down unit experience preferred but not mandatory.
- You will first assist our surgeons on a wide variety of cases including but not limited to CABG, valves, maze procedures, complex aortic surgeries (open and endovascular), mechanical circulatory support cases including a large ECMO volume, heart and lung transplant, and structural heart procedures.
- Applicants must be experienced in endoscopic vein harvesting using the Getinge Vasoview Hemopro 2 Vessel Harvesting system. Endoscopic radial artery harvesting is strongly preferred.
- Flexible work week schedule, depending on the needs of the department. Additional OR call coverage is required.
- Inova provides a comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive salary including paid call and time-and-a-half call back pay, as well as full medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO, short- and long-term disability, CME funds, paid days off to attend CME and much more.
Additional Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Performs high-quality clinical practices and effective patient management, under physician supervision, in accordance with state regulations, including primary and secondary specialty care in clinical and/or surgical practice settings
- Demonstrates technical expertise in the operating room
- Excellent communication and teamwork
- Displays respect and appreciation for the contribution from all team members to foster positive working relationships
- Participates in quality and best practice initiatives by adhering to standards and guidelines to deliver excellent patient care and enhanced outcomes
- Seeks and accepts feedback related to performance and demonstrates a high level of coachability
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program
- Board Certified Physician Assistant or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner with RNFA certification. Employees must maintain certification requirements.
- ACLS Certification for physician assistants, ACLS and BLS certification for nurse practitioners
- Current Virginia medical license
- Current DEA number