All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- $3,000 Relocation and $7,500 Sign on Bonus available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Nights, 7p-7a with rotating weekends
Location: 200 N Lakemont Ave, Winter Park, FL 32792
AdventHealth's Training Programs (CCN-RN and TTAC) – Progressive Care Unit (PCU) is for the Experienced RN who is interested in transitioning into a Progressive Care Unit (PCU) from another specialty. This 6 to 16-week program incorporates comprehensive body systems modules including anatomy and physiology, various body systems conditions, diagnostics, nursing care and treatment. This online approach provides the basic didactic critical care content with educational activities that is reinforced in clinical experience with a preceptor.
- Full-time paid internship and nursing position
- Blended didactic and precepted clinicals
- Shift flexibility desired as shifts are not guaranteed
The community you’ll be caring for:
- AdventHealth Winter Park is a hospital built for the community by the community. The land for the hospital was donated by the city of Winter Park.
- Chartered in 1951, the hospital is a 320-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness, and a teaching hospital. We encourage our team members to grow professionally by providing educational opportunities, and resources.
- We provide the most advanced care available with upscale and boutique care for Obstetrics, Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, a state-of-the-art Emergency Room, comprehensive Cancer Care, advanced technology Surgical Services with 12 surgical specialties, a first-of-its-kind Inpatient Rehabilitation featuring high-tech training equipment, Surgical Orthopedic destination with a Dedicated Education unit, and Stroke and Ortho DNV Certified, to heal the community in the most comfortable way possible.
- The city of Winter Park is filled with rich heritage and is located just three miles north of Orlando in Orange County. The city is known for its old-world charm, quaint bricked streets and is a nature lovers' destination. It’s main street, called Park Avenue includes civic buildings, art galleries, a private liberal arts college, museums, parks, golf country clubs, boat launches and more.
- The AdventHealth Winter Park Medical Progressive Care Unit is a 41 -bed unit that delivers care to patients with a diverse range of disease processes such as acute coronary syndrome (ACS), heart failure, cystic fibrosis and pneumonia.
- Our physicians and nurses work hand in hand through daily Multi-Disciplinary Rounds to ensure that we are able to provide the safest care for our patients.
- We believe in teamwork and are a cohesive team consisting multiple disciplines. All who work together to create an environment where comprehensive whole body health care is provided to all patients and families. You will be an active member of this amazing multifaceted team.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Registered Nurse entering a training program is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age-specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Graduate nurses and experienced nurses entering a training program will be under the direct supervision of a preceptor for all principal duties and responsibilities during the training program with eventual transition to independent practice after successful training program completion. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
- PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
- COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
- DOCUMENTATION: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time. Performs appropriate and legible documentation, recording all procedures and assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with standards of care, departmental policy and practice guidelines.
*Terms: 24 month Employment Contract Required for Sign On and Relocation
- Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.