All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Paid Days Off
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: 301 Huguley Blvd., Burleson, TX 76028
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Care Center Burleson
The role you’ll contribute:
The LPN helps to fulfill the care requirements of our residents. Under the direction of the nurse manager, the LPN will work within their entire scope of practice. He/she will be fully accountable for ensuring that competent care and safety are consistently delivered to all residents.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Provides nursing care within their scope of practice and in accordance with standards of care established by the facility.
· Assists with the development and revision of nursing care plans under the guidance of a Registered Nurse. Manages/directs the plan of care by directly administering care or by directing and supervising nursing duties delegated to nursing assistants.
· Checks and records vital signs on a regular basis following established policy or at own discretion if the need exists.
· Assists with residents’ comfort.
· Maintains accurate and complete records of nursing care provided.
· Reports significant observations to the nurse in charge/RN designee and physicians.
· Reports pertinent changes in condition to the physician and the resident/health care decision maker.
· Participates in purposeful daily rounds.
· Prepares and administers medications after appropriate orientation and instruction.
· Maintains accurate medication records and observes residents for signs and symptoms of adverse drug reactions.
· Administers special treatments, procedures, dressing changes, irrigations and other procedures requiring special techniques based on her/his nursing education and scope of practice.
· Collects specimens.
· Accompanies physician on rounds when necessary; reviews physician’s orders, medications, and records to ensure prompt and accurate execution.
· Attends Resident Care Conferences.
· Attends staff education, training and other required meetings.
· Maintains a clean, safe, and organized work space.
· Monitors consistent application of Restorative Nursing Goals and Approaches and refers any necessary changes to the Charge Nurse for evaluation.
· Answers resident call lights promptly.
· May come in contact with blood and other infectious materials, follows Universal Precautions Directs and provides assistance, observes, and monitors the activities of Nursing Assistants.
· Contributes to the evaluation of CNA performance as requested.
· Assure that the HIPAA and Assignment of Benefits/Medical Treatment Consent forms have been signed upon resident’s admission and placed in the Admission Director’s mailbox for processing the next day.
· Other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned, within the scope of her/his education and under direct supervision of a Registered Nurse.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· Empathy and compassion
· Effective verbal and written communication
· Ability to read, write, and speak English
· Astute observation skills
· Ability to follow set rules and protocols
· Time management and organizational skills
· Sense of responsibility
· Desire to work with others
· Understand and carry out exactly, detailed oral and written instructions
· Ability to keep records and make reports
· Ability to secure cooperation with residents
· Possess a working knowledge of nursing techniques and their relation to medical and surgical practices
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Must be 18 years of age or older
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification
· Current Licensed Practical Nurse license in the state
· Supervision of nursing care provided by Certified Nursing Assistants
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.