Location: Madison, Wisconsin
***SIGN ON $10,000***
What makes UW Health Rehab Hospital a great place to work? Our PEOPLE, of course!
We answer the call because we have a fundamental need to help people. In return, we get to work in an environment with leaders who strive to optimize job effectiveness, assure positive experiences and job satisfaction.
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients. Opportunities through our continuing education programs, apprenticeship programs, and tuition reimbursement programs, not only allow for continual career growth but emphasize our commitment to investing in our employees and developing future healthcare leaders.
UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital is a free-standing, 50-bed acute inpatient rehabilitation facility located on the east side of Madison, Wisconsin. Our hospital offers specialized rehab programs for people who have experienced stroke, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries and many other conditions. We create individualized plans of care that address both intense rehab and acute medical needs. Our goal is to help patients achieve their highest level of function and return home as soon as possible. The UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital is a partnership between UW Health, Unity Point-Meriter and Kindred Healthcare.
Why work at UW Health Rehab Hospital? Be part of a team recognized by Newsweek as one of America's Best Rehabilitation Centers dedicated to patient hope, healing, and recovery.
Provides planning and delivery of direct and indirect patient care through the nursing process of Assessment, Planning, Intervention, and Evaluation. Develops nursing care plan in coordination with patient, family and interdisciplinary staff as necessary. Communicates changes in patient's clinical condition with Physicians, Nursing Supervisor/Manager, and co-workers as appropriate. Participates in discharges planning process.
- Accurately performs patient assessments and identifies patient needs.
- Identifies and initiates appropriate nursing interventions.
- Provides patient and family teaching throughout the rehabilitation stay and prior to discharge.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient.
- Works cooperatively and actively participates with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Participates in Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement (CQPI).
- Maintains positive relationships with all customers.
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and scope of practice.
- Actively participates in team conferences.
- Performs timely and appropriate documentation relating to medical necessity in the medical record.
- Responsible for completion and revision of the Interdisciplinary Care Plan for each patient.
- Performs timely and accurate QI assessments.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and complies with appropriate and approved safety standards.
- Supports the leadership for the hospital in a professional manner and acts as a role model.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program.
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse.
- CPR/BCLS certification. ACLS preferred.
- CRRN Preferred
- Minimum six months' Medical/Surgical experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.