Location: Poughkeepsie, New York
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
The Trauma and Surgical Subspecialty Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) at MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY are seeking a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join our growing team. In this strictly inpatient, non-OR based position, the APP will work alongside experienced physician and APP colleagues managing diverse trauma and surgical patients in the inpatient setting.
- Performing medical evaluations, treatment, follow-up and consultations for diverse acute care surgical patients.
- Responding to and managing the care of trauma patients throughout their hospital course inclusive of ICU, ED, and inpatient floor.
- Delivering direct patient care as part of a collaborative patient care team.
- Gaining a working competency of procedures inclusive of, but not limited to, central line placement/removal, insertion/removal of chest tubes, and arterial lines.
- Candidates must be board certified as a Physician Assistant or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner and possess or be able to obtain a license in New York.
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 1-year experience, although highly motivated new graduates with interest and abilities in surgical hospitalist medicine will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and demonstrate an ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
WMCHealth is a 1,900-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with 10 hospitals on seven campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2, and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region's only acute care children's hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, a state-of-the-art Telemedicine program, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley. Westchester Medical Center Advanced Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, visit WMCHealth.org
- Comprehensive salary and benefit package which includes malpractice coverage, CME Allowance, and 401k
- The highest standard of quality practice backed by comprehensive and collaborative support services
- Opportunities for continued professional development, mentoring and career advancement.
- Westchester Medical Center Advanced Physicians Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO APPLY: For more information about this opportunity, contact Jasmine Campos, Advanced Clinical Recruiter by email Jasmine.Campos@wmchealth.org All are welcome: Westchester Medical Center Health Network values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. We seek candidates who embrace and reflect diversity in the broadest sense. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class.
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC