Location: Wilmington, Delaware
We are seeking an experienced nurse with strong IV skills to join our IV Team at Nemours Children's Health, Delaware. This position requires a highly trained and knowledgeable Registered Nurse with responsibilities for the insertion and monitoring of IVs, care and quality assessment of central and peripheral lines, assessment of infusion products for use, and education in all aspects of intravenous therapy.
Schedule consists of 60 hours biweekly (full-time) with weekend and holiday requirements. 7p-7am with some rotation to evenings (11am-11pm and 3-11pm).
- Initiates IV Therapy according to physician orders
- Possesses knowledge and understanding of anatomy & physiology, vascular system, infusion therapy modalities , and varied vascular access routes
- Evaluates problems that affect delivery of IV fluids and or medications
- Follows hospital and department policies/procedures for intravenous therapy and vascular access
- Collaborates with other health care professionals to coordinate patient care, communicate patient care information and ensure that the patient is receiving the best quality of care in a safe environment
- Functions as an educator, mentor and preceptor to other health care professionals. Documents appropriate data on the patient record. Utilizes expertise of other professionals in providing learning opportunities.
- Has knowledge of evidence based technologies associated with infusion therapies.
- Performs other job responsibilities as designated by the Nurse Manager.
- Responsible for participation in departmental and hospital programs for Quality Assessment and Improvement, identifying opportunities to improve services, making recommendations and implementing actions as appropriate and consistent with the goals of the Nemours Foundation.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the care of pediatric patients of all ages: neonates, young children, adolescents and young adults.
- BSN required
- Minimum of two years acute care nursing experience required
- Experience with venous access, central venous catheters, and invasive monitoring lines required
- Active Delaware (or compact state) Registered Nurse Licensure Required
- Current AHA Healthcare Provider (HCP) Certification required