Location: Chesterfield, Missouri
up to $20,000 Sign-On Bonus available!
Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital St. Louis is proud to be recognized by Newsweek as the #1 Rehabilitation Hospital in Missouri. We are a state-of-the-art facility designed specifically for patients requiring in-patient rehabilitation services. We offer programs that range from single therapies to comprehensive, multidisciplinary programs for patients recovering from strokes, brain or spinal-cord injuries, amputations, burns, orthopedic injuries and other conditions. We provide rehabilitative care to patients and families utilizing a team approach, with an emphasis on improving individual functional ability and quality of life. Our Treatment Team includes experienced Rehabilitation Nurses who provide excellent service and around-the-clock compassionate nursing care in an exceptional work environment.
RESTORING HOPE is the goal for every patient we serve!
See what one of our nurses has to say: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLl8VIWh4bc&feature=emb_logo
Essential RN Functions:
- Accurately performs patient assessments and identifies patient needs.
- Identifies and initiates appropriate nursing interventions.
- Provides patient and family teaching throughout the rehabilitation stay and prior to discharge.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient.
- Works cooperatively and actively participates with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Participates in Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement (CQPI).
- Maintains positive relationships with all customers.
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and scope of practice.
- Actively participates in team conferences.
- Performs timely and appropriate documentation relating to medical necessity in the medical record.
- Responsible for completion and revision of the Interdisciplinary Care Plan for each patient.
- Performs timely and accurate QI assessments.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and complies with appropriate and approved safety standards.
- Supports the leadership for the hospital in a professional manner and acts as a role model.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program.
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse.
- CPR/BCLS certification. ACLS preferred.
- CRRN Preferred
- Minimum six months' Medical/Surgical experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.