Location: AKRON, Ohio
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The School Clinical Coordinator is responsible for the provision of school health services to the student population served. This position assists the Manager in the daily operations of the school district assigned in collaboration with the interdisciplinary teams. This position is responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating delivery of student care within the school building of the assigned district. The School Clinical Coordinator contributes to development and evaluation of the assigned nursing personnel. This position is also responsible for assisting and providing nursing care, utilizing specialized knowledge, judgement, and skill.
1. Provides leadership and direction regarding departmental goals and as directed by contract.
2. Demonstrates personal and professional accountability for themselves and the staff.
3. Maintains school clinic safety for staff and students.
4. Participates in performance improvement.
5. Participates in and supports staff recruitment and retention efforts.
6. Supports and assists with Human Resource Management including but not limited to coaching, development, and evaluation of nursing personnel.
7. Promotes a positive work environment and staff engagement.
8. Serves as a clinical resource to the interdisciplinary team.
9. Maintains appropriate student health records and documents services rendered.
10. Communicates effectively with management, parents/guardians, school authorities, and allied personnel.
11. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the students served.
12. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in a school setting preferred.
2. Experience in pediatric nursing preferred.
3. Experience working within in multidisciplinary team is preferred.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor's of Science in Nursing required.
2. Certification: BLS is required. Registered Nurse Licensure required.
3. Years of experience: Minimum 1 year experience in healthcare required. Minimum 1 year in a similar role preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: