Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise is seeking a flex Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Skilled Nursing Unit, at our Rehab Hospital.
The Inpatient Rehab Hospital consists of two separate "sister" units, and staff float back and forth between them regularly. Due to the nature of Rehab, the care here is highly coordinated interdisciplinary care. Patients require daily Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy and/or Recreational Therapy along with significant medical oversight to reach their discharge goals. The emphasis is on a return to functionality and promoting the highest level of self-sufficiency for patients who often start off significantly compromised due to stroke, traumatic brain injury, or other neurological insults.
With an average nurse/patient ratio of 1:6 and an average stay of 14 days for each patient, you will have the opportunity to build a long-term rapport with patients. Our Inpatient Rehab facility has an 85% rate of discharge into the home, and you will have the chance to be a central part of that great success for our patients. We are looking for nurses that have a passion for education and want to guide patients in self-sufficiency.
This position is flex; 0.3 FTE. Required to work at least two shifts per pay period.
- Identifies patient needs and determines priorities for care through assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation
- Develops, implements and coordinates individualized plan of care for patients assigned through initial and on-going assessments
- Initiates assessment based on the patient's problems or needs, the physician's medical diagnosis, and the functional health framework
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions
- Manages care of patients
- Documents care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and/or clinical priorities
- Advocates for evidence-based practice care standards and supports adoption of evidence-based practices and innovations in care delivery
- Provides patient centric care in alignment with professional nursing practice model
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Education: Nursing Degree
- Experience: One (1) + years' RN experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Current RN licensure from the State of Practice
***Please note - This Registered Nurse position is for nurses with One (1) + years of RN experience. We currently have our "STAR Nurse Residency New Grad RN (<12 mo. Exp.)" positions open. Please search for "New Grad RN" on our careers portal to be considered for current openings.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.