Location: Newark, Delaware
Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) - HVIS Prep & Hold
FT Day Shift (40 hours - Available Shifts: 7a-330pm or 7a -530p). On-call required.
Christiana Hospital in Newark, DE is looking for an Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) for our HVIS Prep & Hold Unit. The Assistant Nurse Manager works alongside the Nurse Manager to provide oversight of key quality and safety initiatives and hold caregivers accountable to best practices and standards of care. Also, provides first-line managerial oversight of services to patients undergoing procedures within HVIS Labs. This position monitors caregiver productivity related to procedural care and other administrative duties. If you have a passion for care, a drive for clinical excellence, a reputation for being a team player, and proven experience, then we want to hear from you.
The HVIS Prep & Hold is a 36-bed, preparation and recovery unit for inpatients and outpatients undergoing procedures in Cardiac Catheterization, Electrophysiology, and Vascular Interventional Radiology Labs, as well as elective cardioversion. Recovery care encompasses patients who have received moderate sedation, general anesthesia, or monitored anesthesia care.
ChristianaCare is one of the country's most dynamic healthcare organizations, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible, and lowering healthcare costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, urgent care centers, three hospitals (1,299 beds), a free-standing emergency department, a Level I trauma center, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health. It also includes the pioneering Gene Editing Institute and was rated by IDG Computerworld as one of the nation's Best Places to Work in IT. ChristianaCare is a nonprofit teaching health system with more than 260 residents and fellows. It is continually ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the Best Hospitals. With the unique CareVio data-powered care coordination service and a focus on population health and value-based care, ChristianaCare is shaping the future of health care.
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
- Two retirement planning offerings, including 403(b) with company contributions
- Generous paid time off with annual roll-over and opportunities to cash out
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
- Incredible Work/Life benefits including annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial coaching, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and great discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more!
Education & Requirements:
- Current nursing licensure in the State of Delaware or compact state
- A Bachelor from an accredited school of nursing is required. If no BSN, a Master's Degree in nursing is required.
- Master's Degree in nursing, healthcare, or business management field required or enrolled to be obtained within 5 years.
- 5 years of appropriate clinical and leadership experience in the area or specialty desired.
- BLS Certification
- Professional certification in a related nursing specialty is required.
Ability to stand, walk, sit, lift, push, pull, carry, reach, twist, handle, stoop, and climb, as per unit-based Physical Demands checklist.
Occasional exposure to chemical and environmental elements as per the unit-based Physical Demands checklist.
The successful candidate may be eligible for a $10,000 sign-on bonus to be paid over a period of 12 months.