Location: United States,
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
This position is occupied by board certified acute care nurse practitioners and/or physician assistants specifically trained and proficient in providing cardiac services under the direct supervision of Heart Failure, Transplant Cardiologists. The provider in this position will function at the top of their license in the inpatient hospital-based setting in collaboration with a supervising physician and other members of a multidisciplinary team. They will be responsible for inpatient daily rounds, consultations, face-to-face and virtual clinic-based appointments, patient examinations, medication management, and laboratory/radiologic testing and interpretation. The APP will see and treat patients who have advanced systolic heart failure and/or diastolic heart failure from ischemic, nonischemic, infiltrative, structural, congenital or various other cardiomyopathies. The APP, working alongside the MD, will be responsible for evaluating, stabilizing, and treating patients with both acute and chronic disease.
- APP will work closely with a multidisciplinary team to provide comprehensive patient care in the inpatient clinical setting.
- Provide inpatient coverage at Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
- Day shift with rotational weekend coverage
- No call or night shifts required
- Multidisciplinary team comprised of several physicians, APPs, nurses, and various other support staff
- IHVI Cardiology offers a full team of specialized heart failure providers and advanced heart failure services including:
- Congestive heart failure
- Left-sided heart failure, including systolic and diastolic failure
- Right-sided heart failure
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Full range of heart failure treatment options, including:
- Temporary mechanical circulatory support, including IABPs and Impella.
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Implantable devices and defibrillators
- Medication therapy and management
- Graduation for an accredited NP or PA program. Must be approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state of Virginia. Current prescriptive privileges and DEA license required. BLS and ACLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice.
- Nurse Practitioner: Master's Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required. ACNP, AGACNP certification preferred based on population served.
- Physician Assistant: Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Master's Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.
- Cardiology experience required; prior heart failure experience preferred
- Demonstrate appropriate critical thinking and interpersonal skills when working in a fasted paced, high acuity work environment. Able to perform a thorough history and physical assessment.
- VA License