Location: Newark, Delaware
Registered Nurse (RN) Stroke Treatment & Recovery (STAR)
FT - Day/Morning Shift (Hours: 7a-7:30p/7p-7:30a) Every other weekend/holiday.
10K Sign-on Bonus
Christiana Hospital is currently seeking an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Stroke Treatment and Recovery (STAR) Unit.
The Stroke Treatment & Recovery Unit (STAR):
- 29 Bed Unit
- Nurse to patient ratio is one nurse to 3-5 patients.
- The Unit will take Stroke and Medical patients.
Click the link to learn about our STAR Unit https://christianacare.org/services/neurosciences/stroke/
ChristianaCare is one of the country's most dynamic healthcare organizations, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible, and lowering healthcare costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, urgent care centers, three hospitals (1,299 beds), a free-standing emergency department, a Level I trauma center, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center, and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health. It also includes the pioneering Gene Editing Institute and was rated by IDG Computerworld as one of the nation's Best Places to Work in IT. ChristianaCare is a nonprofit teaching health system with more than 260 residents and fellows. It is continually ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the Best Hospitals. With the unique CareVio data-powered care coordination service and a focus on population health and value-based care, ChristianaCare is shaping the future of health care.
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
- Two retirement planning offerings, including 403(b) with company contributions.
- Generous paid time off with annual roll-over and opportunities to cash-out
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
- Incredible Work/Life benefits including annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial coaching, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and great discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more!
Education & Requirements
- Delaware RN License or RN License from a compact state.
- BSN required; or commitment to obtaining within three years of the date of hire.
- BLS Certification required.
- ACLS Certification preferred (required within 6 months of hire)
- One year of experience as a RN is required.
- RN experience in Med Surg and Acute Care preferred.
The successful candidate may be eligible for a 10K sign-on bonus to be paid over a period of 12 months.