Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Nemours is seeking an Orthopedic Clinical Supervisor (Full-Time), to join our team in Jacksonville, Florida.
The Nurse Supervisor is responsible and accountable for clinical quality, service, safety, and financial performance for assigned divisions and/or locations. This position is responsible for promoting a patient and family centered model of care. The position will also be responsible for promoting the shared governance model for Nemours nursing and positive role modeling the Nemours standards of behavior and values. Schedules/cancels/reschedules and confirms patient appointments with courtesy, providing assistance and information as needed.
- Promotes a patient and family-centered care model promoting the nurse patient partnership and the professional role of the nurse.
- Manages assigned Ambulatory Clinic staff promoting a healthy work and learning environment.
- Insures adequate training of new staff and ongoing training of existing staff.
- Maintains adequate coverage in the assigned clinical area and when necessary, provides justification for changes in staffing levels.
- Hires, counsels, and provides disciplinary actions to ambulatory clinic staff as necessary.
- Provides feedback and coaching to staff on an ongoing basis utilizing the Nemours standards of behavior.
- Performs timely annual performance reviews for all assigned staff in accordance with Human Resources policy and procedures.
- Along with the Director of Nursing, nurse manager, and/or operations manager, monitors expense and assures compliance with the budget.
- Along with the Director of Nursing, nurse manager, and/or Operations Manager, provides justification for necessary capital and operational expenses.
- Works with nurse managers to ensure effective and efficient utilization of resources in daily management decisions.
- Works with nurse managers to support and operationalize the integrated model of care.
- Works with nurse managers to assure nursing compliance with regulatory readiness agencies.
- Participates in quality improvement projects designed to improve nursing clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Participates in nursing research activities and supports evidence based pediatric nursing.
- Must have the ability to work well with others, have good communication skills and regular attendance is required.
- Additional miscellaneous duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned from time to time by employee's supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Current State of Florida RN License required.
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification required.
- Minimum three (3) months experience required; one (1) year of pediatric experience.