Licensed Practical Nurse - Vanderbilt Wilson County Clinics, Float
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2205827
Licensed Practical Nurse Full-Time DAYS
Vanderbilt Wilson County Clinics, Float
The Licensed Practical Nurse will:
Support the licensed healthcare team members in the provision of patient care to include direct patient care, providing healthcare information to patients/families, and following established plan of care
Work in close collaboration with the RN or a licensed healthcare team member to evaluate the patient's plan of care and progress toward goal attainment
All patient care activities are undertaken with the delegation/supervision of a licensed professional in accordance with VUMC standards and licensure regulations
This is a float position within the Vanderbilt Wilcon County clinics
Licensed Practical Nurse sign on bonus:
$10,000 sign on bonus to eligible candidate
Eligible candidate must already have active License Practical Nurse
*Licensed Practical Nurse Sign On Bonus Eligibility Requirements:
The sign on bonus is available for full-time Licensed Practical Nurse positions.
This sign on bonus is not applicable to current VUMC staff or former staff who have worked for VUMC in the past year.
Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital offers a comprehensive range of services in a modern, safe and patient-friendly environment. This is a float position with the clinics located at 1616 West Main Street suite. Some of the possible specialty areas in which you can float are as follows but not limited to the following:
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
This is a Monday - Friday position. This is a Full-Time; Days position. 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Vew how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital:
For more than 40 years, Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital (formerly Tennova Healthcare - Lebanon) has been a place of healing and connection for patients and families in Wilson County and the surrounding area. The two-campus facility is the sole provider of inpatient and outpatient medical services in Wilson County.Known for comprehensive services, recognized care, and a commitment to the community, VWCH became a part of the Vanderbilt University Medical Center family (VUMC) in August of 2019.
Recognition Awards for Quality
Joint Commission certified in total Hip and Knee Replacement
The Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center
American College of Cardiology Accredited Chest Pain Center
Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program :(MBSAQIP) as a Comprehensive Center
American College of Radiology Accreditations - Mammography and Ultrasound
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Collaborates with patients/families and health care providers in the delivery of health care services.
Partners with the healthcare team by following established plan of care to ensure patient progress for effective outcomes.
Support plans to promote health and a safe and healthy environment.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
LPN PATIENT EDUCATION (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate patient education in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
LPN CARE PLANNING (NOVICE):- Participates in the development of the plan of care in consultation with the licensed healthcare team. Demonstrates ability to anticipate resource needs, identify distinct tasks, set priorities, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work within areas of direct responsibility. Competently handles multiple assignments often simultaneously, prioritizing work into manageable and measurable units. Ability to adapt to changes to patient care and area needs with minimal disruption and loss of productivity. Follows up to assure problems and issues are resolved.
CLINICAL PATIENT DOCUMENTATION (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate patient documentation in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments. Contributes to the nursing assessment by collecting, reporting, and recording objective and subjective data in an accurate and timely manner.
CLINICAL COMPETENCY (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate nursing interventions (such as wound care, point of care testing, vitals signs, etc.) in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job.
Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S2):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships : Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns tosupervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S2):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.