Critical Care Transfer Coord (RN), Patient Transfer Center
Atlantic Health (SP)
Location: Florham Park/NJ/USA
Required Education: High School
Internal Number: 106968841
Atlantic Health System is seeking a per diem Critical Care Transfer Coordinator (RN) for Patient Transfer Center, to work varied shifts, including every other weekend as required by department.
* Correctly and competently collects and interprets clinical data from various sources (physicians, nurses, chart) for use in development of transfer plan, including transfer eligibility, level of care, resource prioritization & utilization, timely acceptance, and appropriate priority and mode of transport.
* Acts as a clinical resource to customers, departments, and clinicians involved in patient transfers.
* Communicates clinical, and non-clinical, information to relevant parties including nurses, physicians, specialists, and others.
* Participates in quality assurance and improvement initiatives as assigned.
* Accurately completes and transmits all required documentation per policies/procedures.
* Generates regular and on demand reports as assigned.
* Interacts with physicians and other clinicians to collect pertinent information relevant to: patient condition, medical eligibility, and appropriateness for transfer.
* Determines type of physician required and contacts said physician resources to facilitate timely transfer.
* Assists physicians/providers in determining appropriate level of transport required; coordinates with transport providers to assure appropriate transport priority and mode, while considering appropriate resource utilization and timeliness of transfer.
* Communicates transport information to relevant parties to facilitate synchronization and timely provision of services.
* Works tirelessly to achieve positive, timely, and safe patient transfers by practicing with a positive, pro-active, can-do, problem-solving, and collaborative attitude with all customers.
* Seeks ways to improve services, streamline processes, and accommodate customers' requests in a timely manner while maintaining a calm demeanor through all phases of process.
New Jersey Registered Nurse Licensure required
3 - 5 years acute care nursing experience required
Prior ED or Critical Care nursing experience preferred
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined with the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 14th year in a row to Fortune's 'Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For' list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families, and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.