Critical Care Transfer Coord.(RN), Patient Transfer Center
Atlantic Health (SP)
Required Education: High School
Internal Number: 106969300
Atlantic Health System is seeking a full time Critical Care Transfer Nurse in the Patient Transfer Center. Atlantic Ambulance part of Atlantic Health System is a non-profit corporation dedicated to providing the finest air and ground medical transportation. Hours will be primarily 3 shifts/week 10am-10pm.
Essential Job Functions:
* Correctly and competently collects and interprets clinical data from various sources (physicians, nurses, chart) for use in development of transfer plan, including transfer eligibility, level of care, resource prioritization & utilization, timely acceptance, and appropriate priority and mode of transport.
* Acts as a clinical resource to customers, departments, and clinicians involved in patient transfers.
* Communicates clinical, and non-clinical, information to relevant parties including nurses, physicians, specialists, and others.
* Participates in quality assurance and improvement initiatives as assigned.
* Accurately completes and transmits all required documentation per policies/procedures.
* Generates regular and on demand reports as assigned.
* Interacts with physicians and other clinicians to collect pertinent information relevant to: patient condition, medical eligibility, and appropriateness for transfer.
* Determines type of physician required and contacts said physician resources to facilitate timely transfer.
* Assists physicians/providers in determining appropriate level of transport required; coordinates with transport providers to assure appropriate transport priority and mode, while considering appropriate resource utilization and timeliness of transfer.
* Communicates transport information to relevant parties to facilitate synchronization and timely provision of services.
* Works tirelessly to achieve positive, timely, and safe patient transfers by practicing with a positive, pro-active, can-do, problem-solving, and collaborative attitude with all customers.
* Seeks ways to improve services, streamline processes, and accommodate customers' requests in a timely manner while maintaining a calm demeanor through all phases of process.
Valid New Jersey Nursing License Required
PALS Required (or within 6 months of hire)
3 - 5 years acute care nursing experience required Prior ED or Critical Care nursing experience preferred
Must be able to work 10am-10pm
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 14th year in a row to Fortune's 'Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For' list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and therefore abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, or veteran status.