Position Summary: The Nurse Manager is responsible for the continuous safe operation of the assigned department(s) including all aspects of patient care, budgeting oversight, staffing and quality assurance. The Nurse Manager provides/supports the framework for the strategic goals of the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages the department under the guidance of the Unit Director
2. Coordinates and directs patient care to ensure patients' needs are meet and hospital policy is followed
3. Provides leadership and direction in accordance with organizational and department goals and objectives
4. Interviews job candidates and makes hiring recommendations
5. Develops a staffing schedule, making appropriate changes as needed to manage productivity
6. Initiates written/verbal disciplinary action
7. Responsible for completion of regular performance evaluations, conducts evaluations for new staff prior to completion of probationary period
8. Leads unit specific performance improvement and quality measures
9. Accurately records all time worked with appropriate payroll system. Controls overtime.
10. Maintains attendance records. Informs director of associates that need to be counseled.
11. Checks accuracy of unit charges
12. Works with director to revise/develop policies and procedures as needed
13. Serves as a role model for professional conduct in the following areas, but not limited to: attitude, customer service, confidentiality, communication skills and attendance
14. Promotes physician interaction to ensure quality patient care and physician satisfaction
15. Demonstrates excellent clinical knowledge and expert skills
16. Orders supplies for unit as needed
17. Performs /assists with patient care as necessary
18. Serves in the capacity of the director as requested
THE NURSE MANAGER OR CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION, LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE.
Minimum Experience: 3 to 5 years' experience in an acute care facility including at least 1 year of experience in the specialty area is required. Management experience is required.
Required Certifications/Registrations/Licenses: A valid Permanent Multi-State RN License from the state in which you reside is required. Should you hold a RN license from another Compact state, you are required to apply for and obtain a Multi-State RN License from the state in which you reside within 30 days. American Heart Association BLS CPR required. Mandatory certifications for relevant department(s) are required within orientation period.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Job: Managers and Directors
Primary Location: Rock Hill, South Carolina
Facility: Piedmont Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.