Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Hendersonville
$2000.00 Sign on Bonus
Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Co-workers who feel like family
Faith based environment
FT Nights 7p to 7a 36 hours per week
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Provide direct and indirect patient care under the direction of an RN or physician.
· Participate in maintenance of unit orderliness and participate in the stocking and terminal cleaning of the unit.
· Takes VS- B/P, temperature, pulse and R rate per routine standards of care. Report abnormal values to RN in timely manner. Monitor and document I & O accurately. Obtain urine, blood and stool specimens appropriately. Transport specimens to lab in a timely manner.
· Provide general nursing care (bathing, oral hygiene, peri-care, Foley catheter (CNA II), In and Out Catheter (CNA II), providing bed pans and/or commodes, ambulating patients, serve water, meals and in-between meal nourishments. Feed patients and/or assists with meals. Assist patients in activities of daily living, provide personal care and emotional support.
· Under the direction of an RN, CNAII perform complex clinical skills; wound care tracheostomy care, oxygen therapy, IV care, urinary catheterization.
· Knowledgeable of sterile techniques and infection control procedures.
· Assist licensed personnel in obtaining medication history information.
· Monitors for STAT orders and immediately notifies appropriate department or nurse.
· Answer telephone and call light system in a timely and polite manner.
· Perform all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduce the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
· Assist with arrangements for transfers, special tests, appointments and consultations.
· Prepares and compiles records in the department.
· Organizes and manages activities to show consideration of the unit as a whole.
· Reflects knowledge and judgment in decisions and actions within the job description of the unit secretary.
· Assist licensed personnel in obtaining medication history information
· Monitors for STAT orders and immediately notifies appropriate department and nurse.
· Maintains logbooks in the department.
· Orders supplies and stocks as required.
· Assists in recording information for performance improvement activities.
· Assists other staff members as needed with transferring and transporting of patients.
What You Will Need:
Current license as a Nurse Assistant with the NC Board of Nursing required.
Current AHA BLS certification required at time of hire
Critical Care or Emergency Room experience preferred
High School diploma or equivalent required
Six months nursing assistant experience required
Additional languages preferred
Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
Provides direct and indirect patient care in the critical care setting. Assist other nursing staff with daily basic care, and work to assist with ancillary patient care issues related to transport, laboratory specimens, etc. Provide clerical duties that ensure all patient records are complete, telephones are answered and patients are maintained in a safe and clean environment at all times.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.