Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where youâ��ll benefit from:
â�¢A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
â�¢A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
â�¢A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professionals
Provides continuing education to employees of Hi-Desert Medical Center
1. Develop, deliver, evaluate and revise District education services/programs to meet the continuing education needs of employees, and ensure compliance with regulatory agency requirements.
2. Orient, instruct and train assigned personnel directly or by utilization of resources, in compliance with District needs and policies/procedures and regulatory agency requirements.
3. Formulate and implement District education/training policies and practices.
4. Serve as liaison between the District and representatives of allied health education institutions/programs.
5. Develop and achieve department goals and objectives in support of the District mission.
6. Maintain current, accurate records of personnel participation in education programs. Direct maintenance of a hospital data base of education/training information.
7. Provide consultation to all District departments regarding education/training as requested. Assist department directors as requested to identify individual department education/training needs. Assist individual departments in curriculum development and organization of departmental training programs.
8. Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
9. Participate in hospital/medical staff committee meetings as requested. Attend and serve on professional/civic service organizations as District representative as assigned.
10. Serves as informatics nurse to lead team in developing, maintaining, improving, and monitoring the success of computerized systems used in the delivery of patient care. Serve as liaison between Information Services and other departments to ensure communication/coordination of systems as needed.
11. Serve as chairperson of committees/teems as assigned and ensure that the appropriate disciplines are involved.
12. Manage employees of the department to achieve department and organization goals.
13. Manage resources of the department consistent with the organizationâ��s strategic plan and fiscal constraints.
14. Serve as librarian for the District facilities and staff. Perform annual needs/satisfaction assessment; make recommendations for knowledge based information resources to departments based on assessment data and requests for assistance from department staff; provide resource search services to staff as requested; disseminate information received to appropriate staff.
â�¢ Manual dexterity and mobility
â�¢ Moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 pounds)
â�¢ Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching
â�¢ Prolonging sitting, standing, typing, computer work
â�¢ Subject to many interruptions
â�¢ Current CA RN license
â�¢ Current CPR
â�¢ 2-4 years experience as Nursing Educator
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Job: Educators/Specialists/Advanced Practice
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.