Licensed Practical Nurse PRN Internal Medicine Clinic OHO
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2113481
Licensed Practical Nurse PRN
Your Role: Supports the licensed healthcare team members in the provision of patient care to include direct patient care, providing healthcare information to patients/families, and following established plan of care. Works in close collaboration with the RN or a licensed healthcare team member to evaluate the patient's plan of care and progress toward goal attainment. All patient care activities are undertaken with the delegation/supervision of a licensed professional in accordance with VUMC standards and licensure regulations.
Qualifications: Graduate of an approved discipline specific program (or equivalent experience) and 1 year relevant experience
The sign-on bonus is not applicable to current VUMC staff or former staff who have worked for VUMC in the last year.
Welcome to Vanderbilt Primary Care North at One Hundred Oaks. We provide primary care and consultation services for patients in Adult Internal Medicine and Pediatric specialties and as well as sub-specialties in Acute Medicine and Palliative Care. There are four PODs within our practice with a total of 48 exam rooms and 4 treatment rooms. The patient volume for the overall practice is, approximately, 50,000 visits annually.
Our team-focused patient care model is delivered by excellent, highly skilled healthcare clinicians, including attending physicians, interns, resident physicians and fellows.
Our outstanding direct care and support team is comprised of Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Patient Care Technicians, Medical Assistants and Patient Service Representatives. We strongly support and encourage opportunities for professional, knowledge and skill development in a setting deigned to promote best practice models of care and staffing.
We are committed to providing an excellent experience for our patients and a supportive, caring and engaging work environment for our staff.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Collaborates with patients/families and health care providers in the delivery of health care services.
Partners with the healthcare team by following established plan of care to ensure patient progress for effective outcomes.
Support plans to promote health and a safe and healthy environment.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
LPN PATIENT EDUCATION (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate patient education in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
LPN CARE PLANNING (NOVICE): - Participates in the development of the plan of care in consultation with the licensed healthcare team. Demonstrates ability to anticipate resource needs, identify distinct tasks, set priorities, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work within areas of direct responsibility. Competently handles multiple assignments often simultaneously, prioritizing work into manageable and measurable units. Ability to adapt to changes to patient care and area needs with minimal disruption and loss of productivity. Follows up to assure problems and issues are resolved.
CLINICAL PATIENT DOCUMENTATION (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate patient documentation in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments. Contributes to the nursing assessment by collecting, reporting, and recording objective and subjective data in an accurate and timely manner.
CLINICAL COMPETENCY (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate nursing interventions (such as wound care, point of care testing, vitals signs, etc.) in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job.
Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S2):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships : Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns tosupervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S2):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.