Find your path in health care. Banner Health is committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek out professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen. Apply today.
As a Clinical Research Coordinator you are part of a team involved in world renowned research in Neuroscience. Our department offers a unique team environment as well as flexibility. There are numerous learning opportunities through the leaders in Neuro Science within the organization. You will be involved in prescreening referrals, scheduling and conducting study related visits, data capture, administrative tasks, attending study related meetings onsite and some travel required for sponsor meetings, fully managing assigned studies from start up to closeout including study monitoring visits. Experienced Research Coordinators are highly preferred given the complexities of the studies.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Research is at the leading edge in a new era of scientific discovery and innovation. Our basic and clinical research faculty turns ground-breaking research findings into new identification, treatment and prevention methods for diseases such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Cardiovascular disease, Cancer and Orthopedics. We have an international reputation for our work and we provide outstanding access for patients to clinical trials. Our commitment to excellence allow us to make a difference in people's lives every day.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for coordinating and/or implementing assigned protocols. This position includes collecting and recording medical data and history, assisting in patient assessments, and maintaining study files.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides study information and obtains relevant information to and from patients engaged in clinical studies, which includes: assisting in the recruitment and screening of volunteers; registering patients; providing information on clinical trials and protocols to interested participants in a timely and helpful manner; obtaining relevant medical history on candidates by phone and in person; collecting previous relevant medical records data on patient; explaining procedures and consent forms; compiling all information prior to the initial visit; responding to inquiries from study participants or collateral informants in a timely and helpful manner; updating databases with patient information; and/or, performing other related activities.
2. Performs tasks required by protocol, which may include obtaining patient medical history, systems review, phlebotomy, EKG, and cognitive assessment on patients. Collects vital signs. Maintains quality assurance on designated protocols. Collects data as required and assists in interpreting and evaluating results as required.
3. Triages adverse events and communicates with the research physician regarding the occurrence of adverse events. Collects information regarding indicated medical follow-up with the subject and collateral informants as needed.
4. Provides educational information to patients and their families. Serves as a resource and support person for patients and families by being a consistent person they can contact within the clinical research program. Provides information to the patient and family related to the healthcare of the patient such as health maintenance, prevention, and anticipatory guidance relevant to study-related diseases.
5. Ensures uniform implementation of protocols by completing required documentation in a consistent, accurate and timely manner. Assists in preparing appropriate IRB (Institutional Review Board) forms, informed consents, correspondence with sponsor, etc., in an accurate and timely manner. May participate in the annual IRB approval and update process.
6. Serves as a liaison to other departments and programmatic areas, as well as community agencies.
7. Ensures that primary referring physicians receive timely progress notes on the patient's diagnosis and treatment.
8. May assume primary responsibility in the implementation and management of new clinical trials in a knowledgeable and collaborative manner.
9. Department level responsibility. Some positions may have frequent interaction with patients, families, visitors, physicians, and related clinical departments.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess knowledge of clinical research methodologies as normally obtained by the completion of a Bachelors Degree in a healthcare field.
Incumbents must be working towards obtaining Clinical Research Coordinator Certification (CRCC).
Experience typically gained through two to four years clinical research experience. Familiarity with medical and clinical terminology. Must have excellent organizational and task management skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and study information. Ability to maintain knowledge of Federal and State regulations governing practice as well as Institute policies and procedures related to medical and nursing practice. Excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills are required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Possession of Clinical Research Coordinator Certification (CRCC).
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.