Position Overview: Under the direction of the APC Director, and/or designee, the Patient Care Manager assumes operational responsibility as well as fiscal responsibility for his/her APC staff, incorporating CareMount Medical policies, goals and long range plan. The Patient Care Manager works collaboratively with the APC Director, the Senior Director of Operations & Chief Nursing Officer, Department Heads, and other administrators to provide leadership, direction and management for the Advanced Practice Clinicians to ensure quality patient care & service in all clinical areas. The APC staff includes Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Certified Nurse Midwives, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists, Audiologists, and the Physical/Occupational Therapists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
1. Assists Director with Department program development and evaluating the impact of new programs that have been implemented;
2. Participates in recruitment, interviewing, and on-boarding APC's; working w/ the MD's to develop individualized orientation programs;
3. Collaborates with Regional Patient Care Director, Sr. Director of Operations/Chief Nursing Officer, other Patient Care Managers, Department Heads and Physicians to support excellence in the patient care delivery system throughout CAREMOUNT MEDICAL;
4. Reviews and implements policies, procedures and standards of care as needed to assure excellence in patient care, and compliance with any applicable regulatory or accrediting agencies;
5. Participates in the preparation, monitoring, analyzing and maintenance of annual APC salary budget;
6. Functions as a liaison between APC staff and the MD's and works collaboratively to facilitate and enhance smooth functioning of the APC's within the department;
7. Maintains open lines of communication with administration, directors, other patient care managers and other CAREMOUNT MEDICAL personnel, within and between departments--even during periods of heightened stress;
8. Maintains confidentiality of all information obtained from patient records and conversations with patients/significant others, physicians, managers, and other CAREMOUNT MEDICAL personnel;
9. Handles APC patient complaints in a timely and sensitive manner, using complaints as an opportunity for staff growth and coaching; serving as a role model for patient advocacy;
10. Uses discretion and sensitivity during all patient interactions; role model for patient service excellence;
11. Uses available electronic email/computer systems to communicate inter-and intra-departmentally as per departmental and/or CAREMOUNT MEDICAL protocol(s
12. Communicates and disseminates information pertinent to the APC staff and follows up as needed;
13. Completes assigned annual performance evaluations of the APC staff within timeframe established by CAREMOUNT MEDICAL policies;
14. Completes all necessary Human Resources forms accurately and in a timely manner;
15. Maintains appropriate and timely documentation of interactions with staff as per CAREMOUNT MEDICAL policies;
16. Completes a probationary evaluation form after 90 days of employment for all newly hired and/or transferred staff;
17. Completes and submits the weekly APC payroll.
1. Demonstrates effective problem-solving skills, particularly when urgent/emergent or unexpected events arise in order to maintain both the smooth functioning of the department(s) and patient/personnel safety;
2. Provides direction to APC's and performs an ongoing evaluation of their performance;
3. Identifies opportunities for APC performance improvement and implements correction action plans as needed under the direction of the APC Director;
4. Based on ongoing performance reviews, uses the progressive disciplinary process as needed in accordance with CAREMOUNT MEDICAL policies;
5. Serves as a catalyst for maintaining excellent in patient care and improving standards of practice;
6. Demonstrates leadership skills through the ability to set and attain goals;
7. Serves as an effective role model for professional conduct and professional practice (e.g., maintaining composure during times of increased stress
8. Attends and actively participates in Patient Care meetings;
9. Reads current, clinically applicable professional and managerial journals;
10. Attends mandatory conferences/in-services in order to maintain (active) NYS registration, in good standing with the NY State Education Department if applicable.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITES OF ALL CLINICAL OPERATIONS EMPLOYEES
A. Arrives to work on time or notifies APC Director and/or designee as soon as employee becomes aware that he/she will be absent or tardy, and/or as per individual department protocol;
B. Maintains an acceptable attendance records as per CAREMOUNT MEDICAL policies and procedures;
C. Attends all mandatory CAREMOUNT MEDICAL programs and in-services as required and applicable;
D. Dresses according to CAREMOUNT MEDICAL dress code;
E. Assumes responsibility for reading, understanding, and complying with information contained in the current CAREMOUNT MEDICAL Employee Handbook, CAREMOUNT MEDICAL Administrative Policy & Procedure Manual;
F. Maintains confidentiality under all circumstances;
G. Performs related work as required;
H. Assists APC Director and/or Senior Director of Operations/Chief Nursing Officer by taking on other assignments, assuming additional responsibility, working additional hours, or altering regularly scheduled hours, when necessary, for the efficient operation of assigned department(s) and CAREMOUNT MEDICAL.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITONS: May require exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, and other substances and conditions common to a medical office/healthcare environment. Requires use of computer, potentially for long periods of time. Subject to irregular or flexible hours to meet deadlines. Travel required between offices throughout CareMount Medical.
MINIMUM QUALIFCATIONS: BS in Healthcare related or clinical field, i.e. Nursing, Health Care/Business Administration. Two years of recent pertinent and professional clinical management experience in a hospital, medical office or other clinical setting/healthcare related field. Record of prior stable employment and/or favorable references.
CareMount Medical, P.C. is New York State’s premier multispecialty medical group, providing comprehensive care of the highest quality to over 665,000 patients. CareMount has more than 45 locations throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia, and Ulster counties and New York City. CareMount’s 650 physicians and advanced practice professionals cover more than 50 medical specialties. CareMount is affiliated with world-class medical institutions, including Massachusetts General Hospital and Northwell Health. CareMount offers on-site laboratory/radiology services, endoscopy and infusion suites, and operates eight urgent-care centers. CareMount physicians are featured in respected Top Doctors and Best Doctors listings, nationally and regionally. For additional information please visit: www.caremountmedical.com.