Banner Health believes leadership matters, and we look for people who share our vision making health care easier, so life can be better. Our leaders are at the front of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health. Our amazing leaders continually provide clinical leadership, strategy in the coordination and development of new processes, and evaluate quality improvement for the programs they lead.
As a Registered Nurse Cardiovascular Program Navigator for our Cardiovascular program you will be leading a high-quality team with expertise in the care of patients post Cardiovascular and Cardiothoracic surgery. This position will promote and support optimal care for our patients, drive daily operations and education for patients and staff, and enhance quality by constantly overseeing, evaluating, and making recommendations to improve our programs performance.
Banner Estrella Medical Center (BEMC) is a Level 4 Trauma Center servicing Southwest Phoenix and surrounding areas. The Cardiovascular Service Line at BEMC is comprised of a 24 bed (mixed) Intensive Care Unit as well as a 24 bed Progressive Care unit, both caring for the highest acuity patients in the facility. We have an amazing surgical team, and work in coordination with other Banner facilities to support the care of our patients.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Estrella Medical Center is a 305-bed acute care hospital providing a full range of health care services to the fast growing communities of west Phoenix. Opened in 2005, this is an innovative, fully electronic facility that features electronic medical records, computerized physician order entry, digital radiography, sophisticated ICU monitoring and much more. In fact, we've been named one of the "ten most innovative hospitals in the country" by Newsweek Magazine and are recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. The hospital is also designed to provide a soothing, healing atmosphere for both patients and their family members. We encourage the use of such therapies as pet therapy, aromatherapy, spiritual care and Reiki Therapy.
POSITION SUMMARY This position promotes and provides optimal care of patients through leadership, coordination and development of processes related to cardiovascular care. This RN role is the center of the cardiovascular program within the facility responsible for providing broad oversight and assists other leaders to establish, oversee, conduct and evaluate quality improvement for the cardiovascular program and patient care. Enhances the Program though the coordination of daily operations to include but not limited to chart audits for data abstracting and analysis; facilitating cardiovascular education programs/events within the facility and community using a comprehensive team approach. Oversees and ensures compliance with local, state or national organizations for certification/validations.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Interprets internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve services, processes or products.
2. Solves complex problems. Takes a broad perspective including coordination with others outside own work unit, to identify innovative solutions.
3. Anticipates customer needs; assesses requirements and identifies new solutions. Interacts primarily with department and cross-department peers, supervisor, customers, peers' managers, patients and physicians.
4. Makes decisions guided by policies in non- standard situation. Impacts the achievement of operational, project or service objectives. Monitors and controls costs of own work and may manage budgets for moderate sized projects or programs.
5. Develops and maintains a comprehensive, effective clinical program which meets regulatory standards. Participates in the preparation for the Joint Commission site survey and maintenance of practice standards of care. Is a member of the cardiovascular and cardiovascular surgery teams. Promotes comprehensive treatment to effectively manage patient care through the continuum and provide quality outcomes by evaluating patient care through concurrent monitoring and multidisciplinary rounds.
6. Oversee patient and practice quality improvements and departmental quality standards. Monitors care patterns for consistency with established protocols and opportunities for process improvement. Reviews trends, identifies opportunities and provides leadership with analysis and recommendations for process improvement across entire episode of the patient process. Enhances patient experience across the overall continuum of care.
7. Collaborates with other departments regarding issues and practices as they relate to the program. Researches and recommends changes and improvements with a primary focus on patient outcomes. Represents the department at management/leadership meetings as required. Coordinates/participates in relevant committee meetings at the facility, system and state levels.
8. Assesses clinical staff training needs and implements training programs to ensure clinical competence. Develops, coordinates and oversees community education programs. May be responsible for representing facility at community or regulatory activities related to cardiovascular care management. Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors.
9. Position is facility based and has broad oversight for the development and success of the program. Interacts with all levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External customers include physicians, community agencies, provider networks and regulatory agencies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess a current, valid RN license in the state of practice, temporary RN license in state of practice, or compact RN licensure for current state of practice. BLS certification is required.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with five years of clinical experience in area of specialty. Requires excellent leadership skills and an ability to interact well across departments, facilities, and organizations. Excellent program management skills to effectively provide broad clinical and quality oversight while maintaining the success of cardiovascular program.
Computer skills including basic office software (word processing, spreadsheets, presentations).
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Prior program management experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R6535
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.