Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a difference - you belong at Banner Staffing Services
As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the country's leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs prescribed chest and extremity radiographic procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs the setup and acquisition of prescribed chest and extremity radiographic procedures in accordance with established departmental/facility policies and procedures. Educates patients/families regarding the procedure and/or treatment to be performed.
2. Performs the processing of prescribed chest and extremity diagnostic radiographic procedures in accordance with established departmental/facility policies and procedures.
3. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements in accordance with established departmental/facility policies and procedures. Ability to trouble-shoot and notify appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance.
4. Ensures the efficient operation and workflow of the department by scheduling and re-evaluating workflow throughout the day. Ensures exam rooms are stocked, performing room set-up, establishing patient transport, and schedule coordination with multi-disciplinary team members.
5. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation in accordance with established departmental/facility policies and procedures. Adheres to safety policies.
6. Independently performs prescribed chest and extremity radiographic procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires Practical Radiologic Technologist or Limited Scope Technologist licensure by state regulatory agency if applicable. BLS certification.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 1 year of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve basic problems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R23711
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.