At Banner - University Medical Group (BUMG), we're creating a world class medical organization that brings together a leadership team committed to a physician-focused structure, while navigating the challenges of moving from a volume-based to value-based health care system.
Our busy Women's Institute provides expert care for all phases of a woman's life. From routine obstetrics and gynecology services to care for more complex and high-risk needs. This is an increasingly busy clinic that fosters a learning environment and offers various programs and resources.
In this position you will perform high risk ultrasound procedures using your prior high risk, perinatal scanning experience.
Certification (ARDMS or CCI) in OB/GYN and Abdomen/Small Parts is required along with Nuchal Translucency and CLEAR cervix certification.
This is a full time, day shift position, Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM.
University Medical Center Phoenix PBCs Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to the obstetric and gynecologic patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs maternal fetal medicine high-risk obstetric ultrasounds working with on-site perinatologists to include: first trimester ultrasounds, detailed anatomy level one & level two ultrasounds in the second and third trimester, transvaginal ultrasounds, maternal and fetal doppler studies, BPP, and 3D ultrasounds. Ultrasounds on patients with high BMI in pregnancy, scanning multiples, Fetal Echocardiography, Nuchal Translucency/Nasal Bone are within the scope of this sonographer.
2. Performs procedures including fetal echocardiography and ultrasound guided amniocentesis/CVS by following and verifying referring providers' orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
3. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
4. Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
5. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies if applicable.
6. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to safety policies.
7. Accountable for the ethical, legal, professional and certification responsibilities related to the practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
8. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
9. Independently performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Requires national certification in the area of specialty from the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or from Cardiovascular Credentialing International. BLS certification required.
Nuchal Translucency and CLEAR cervix certification required as well as Abdomen/Small Parts and Obstetrics/Gynecology certification.
Clinical knowledge typically achieved with two years of experience working with an on-site perinatologist and one year of experience in MFM ultrasounds and procedures. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Certified in Fetal Echocardiography (ARDMS) and Uterine Artery Doppler Studies.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R26302
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.