You have a place in the health care industry. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides screening, evaluation, and rehabilitation services for patients with speech and language disorders related to speech, language, cognitive-communication, voice, swallowing, and fluency. This position plans and carries out specialized treatment programs, documents treatment, and maintains data regarding patient care. This position demonstrates the clinical competence and knowledge necessary to provide treatment appropriate to the age of the patients served.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Evaluates patients' functional abilities and limitations to determine appropriate intervention. Develops a plan of care and treatment goals, as ordered by physician or other referral source.
2. Implements individualized treatment plans that consider patients' physical, social, spiritual, cultural, educational, and age-specific needs. Ensures that treatment plans are supported by standard practices and/or current literature. Re-evaluates treatment plans, as needed, to ensure maximum patient benefit.
3. Educates patients, family, and other care providers to promote patient participation and attainment of therapeutic program goals. Provides individualized home programs with clear instructions.
4. Documents patient treatment according to professional and regulatory standards.
5. Participates in the provision of training to other staff and students.
6. Follows plan of care to accomplish functions within established procedures and scope of practice. Makes independent judgments based on specialized knowledge. Confers with supervisor on any unusual situations. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: Physician offices, patient families, third party payers, and medical supply companies.
Masters degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited university program.
Current licensure in the state of practice. Certificate of Clinical Competence or documented acceptance in Clinical Fellowship Year. BLS certification required.
Requires the ability to work collaboratively with physicians and other healthcare providers. Must have strong interpersonal communications and human relation skills.
Must have the ability to become proficient with computer software applications commonly used in an automated patient care environment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R18239
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.