Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
A rewarding career that fits your life. Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Staffing Services.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides direct care to psychiatric patients working under the direction of a registered nurse.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides basic nursing care to patients including technical monitoring, taking vital signs and physical care. Orients patients to treatment setting and assists with activities of daily living as needed. Reviews and participates in implementation of the patient treatment plan. Makes rounds and monitors patients activities, physical and mental status and reports to nursing staff. Checks patient belongings for contraband. Conducts a variety of patient safety monitoring activities such as observational checks. Documents observations, interventions, and group activities in the patient medical record while maintaining confidentiality of all health information.
2. Assists in maintaining a safe, orderly & therapeutic environment. Maintains patient safety and protects patient rights through observation and reporting patient behaviors, communications, interactions and physical status. Recognizes patients who are behaving aggressively, acting as a danger to themselves or others, or are in a crisis or medical emergency situation. Provides intervention including, but not limited to, redirecting of patient and/or participating in restraint or seclusion as needed.
3. Assesses and interacts therapeutically with patients and families. Provides treatment that promotes patient dignity, independence, individuality, strengths, privacy, and choice. Demonstrates respect for cultural diversity and patient boundaries. Plans and facilitates social and didactic group activities. May participate in other rehabilitation and treatment programs.
4. Provides quality patient care by maintaining knowledge and skill level related to the symptoms and treatment of behavioral disorders relevant to position responsibilities and in accordance with state agency regulations. Maintains knowledge to identify types of medications commonly prescribed for patient group and the common side effects and adverse reactions of the medications.
5. Assists in the admission, discharge and transfer process of patients and completes required documentation in the patient medical record.
6. Position completes work under moderate supervision. Position interacts with all levels of clinical staff on assigned unit/program and members of the multidisciplinary teams, as well as patients, families, and medical and psychiatric physicians.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Requires a Bachelor's Degree in a behavioral health related field OR High School diploma or equivalent with 1 year of direct patient care in an inpatient behavioral health setting. This should include but is not limited to experience in an inpatient psychiatric facility; assisting with personal grooming and other activities of daily living; conducting educational, recreational and skills groups appropriate to current patient population; creating, maintaining, and encouraging an inpatient therapeutic milieu; maintaining observation precautions and applying non-violent de-escalation interventions in crisis situations; recognizing the common symptoms of mental illness such as depression, psychosis, mood dysregulation, substance abuse, maladaptive behavior, and anxiety; understanding how symptoms are related the patient's mental illness diagnosis and providing ordered treatment interventions appropriate to the diagnosis. Such experience is commonly achieved in care of patients in psychiatric acute care hospitals, inpatient psychiatric facilities and State hospital programs. Some outpatient programs, therapeutic group home and residential programs may meet the experience criteria. Concentration on skills and experiences demonstrating competence in building therapeutic rapport, developing collaborative relationships with the multidisciplinary team, de-escalation techniques and limit setting.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or BTMC Behavioral must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is also required.
Meets age requirement as specified by state agency.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R14909
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.