Location Address: 200 N Lakemont Ave, Winter Park, FL 32792
Full Time Nights (7:00 pm - 7:00 am)
*$10K Sign-on Bonus available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
Applicable experience required.
Must live 50 or more miles from 601 East Rollins Dr., Orlando, FL to qualify.
Full Time employment contract required.
Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Winter Park
Winter Park Memorial Hospital has continuously served the residents of Winter Park and its surrounding communities for more than 50 years
Chartered in 1951, the hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 307-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness
Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, cancer care at the AdventHealth Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute
Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
We are more than healthcare. We are a family of caregivers who see what we do as a calling and treat every person, every time as if they were a loved one. We don't just heal what hurts. We ease minds and encourage spirits by providing a more personal level of care than ever before--physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Our mission is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ which starts with caring for others with uncommon compassion and going above and beyond to make those we serve, feel loved.
Wellness is at the core of what we do, focusing on living a better life today and always. We want everyone to Feel Whole and we see our work as a calling. This is how we make a difference. With our whole-person care, expertise and world-class resources we strive to provide an exceptional experience for all. With hospitals and facilities in over 9 states, our consistent approach to healthcare allows us to live our mission and ensure that our communities are living fuller, healthier lives.
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's Core Values of Quality and Service Excellence, Community Wellbeing, High Ethical Standards, Stewardship, and Inclusiveness as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program
* NURSING PROCESS: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential health conditions or needs. (American Nurses Association [ANA], 2012)
* NURSING PROCESS: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and completes follow up assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as needed. Nursing practice reflects mutual goal setting and whole person care including meeting the needs of the mind, body and spirit. (King, 1995)
* NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
* PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
* COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
* DOCUMENTATION: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time. Performs appropriate and legible documentation, recording all procedures and assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with standards of care, departmental policy and practice guidelines.
* PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Abides by American Nurses Association Scope, Standards and Code of Ethics. Participates in practice changes, process improvement initiatives and completes all required education by the due date. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department. Exhibits desire to learn, teach, mentor and advance nursing skills.
* RELIEF CHARGE NURSE (as applicable): Under the supervision of a manager, assumes authority of the daily operations of the unit/department and is the primary resource nurse for a specific shift. Manages staff accountability and adherence to regulatory requirements. The leadership responsibility includes but is not limited to facilitation of the team dynamics of patient care, patient experience and patient flow including managing staff assignments. Additional management responsibilities include effective conflict resolution, patient/staff rounding and communication, resource utilization, comprehensive hand off communication and completion of unit specific audits/checklists as required or assigned.
* May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing. If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, as defined in AHCA rule 59A-7.034, must have approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of AdventHealth non-waived Point of Care training.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Organizational and multi-tasking skills
* Knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
* Ability to work as a Team player within a unit
* Effective verbal and oral communication and problem-solving skills
* EKG (based on patient population; see document EKG and Advanced Life Support Requirements)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Graduate of a school of nursing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
* Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
* Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
* For Radiology/Imaging, PALS required only for cost centers 4220,7211,6236
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
* Professional certification
* ACLS, PALS, NRP (based on patient population; See document EKG and Advanced Life Support Requirements)
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable for consistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
* Code of Conduct as outlined in the "Guidelines for Employees" handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.