Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weï¿½re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
1. Takes documents, records and reports vital signs as directed and reassess vital signs per department protocol.
2. Prepares patient for further exam and/or treatment, i.e. suturing, pelvic exam, eye exam, IV setup.
3. Assists MD and/or RN with procedures and duties as directed, i.e. D/C IVs, suture removal.
4. Assists with transport of patients in safe and efficient manner and returns promptly to department.
5. Transports specimens utilizing universal precautions and requisitions to ancillary departments.
6. Provides a safe and clean environment, i.e. cleaning and maintaining instruments and equipment as needed, ensures department stock of sterile trays, i.e. check list.
7. Assists with CPR on adults, children, and infants as necessary.
8. Assists with stocking supplies as directed, includes detail of IV cart, dressing cart, cast cart, bedside stock = oxygen, suction, blood pressure cuffs, all monitor cables on monitors.
9. Applies all orthopedic splints and slings safely and properly and documents accordingly.
10. Assists orthopedic physician with cast application and removal.
11. Performs all basic life support skills as requested.
12. Performs phlebotomy on patients following the department policy and procedure and certification.
13. Cleans, bandages, and assists physician on all wound care and documents accordingly.
14. Demonstrates a functional understanding of PBAR computer system.
15. Functions as a ward secretary when needed.
16. Recognizes and reports any abnormal change in patient condition or vital signs.
17. Recognizes possible adverse effects of orthopedic appliance application.
18. Demonstrates knowledge of proper documentation/charting standards. Has all documentation cosigned by RN.
19. Performs post mortem care as directed by RN and transports body to morgue.
20. Performs EKGs, demonstrates competency.
21. Under the direction of the RN/MD assists in reinforcing patient and family teaching.
22. Ensures full oxygen tanks with regulators in the department: full tank on each gurney.
23. Ensures IV pumps on poles in the department: 3 in each critical care room ï¿½ 4 singles.
24. Facilitates flow of patients from triage to treatment area. Assists triage RN by helping with reassessment of patients waiting to be brought back to treatment room.
25. Performs all other duties as assigned.
26. Point of care testing
A. Minimum Education: Knowledge necessary to obtain Emergency Med Tech Certification, and current American Heart Association BLS certification. EMT certificate is preferred.
B. Minimum Experience: Emergency room experience preferred.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Nights
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905025185
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.