The Opportunity Telamon Group has been retained by McLaren Lapeer Region to conduct the search for their next Chief Nursing Officer (CNO). We are seeking a candidate to initiate/expand multiple service lines in Lapeer so the candidate needs to have demonstrated program/service line development implementation and success.
The Vice President & Chief Nursing Officer has been delegated the authority, responsibility, and accountability by the Chief Executive Officer for providing the leadership and clinical expertise necessary to ensure the successful operation of McLaren Lapeer Region’s nursing services.
The Vice President & Chief Nursing Officer collaborates with McLaren Lapeer Region leaders to plan, organize, staff, direct, evaluate and ensure patient care functions. Maintains a collaborative relationship with the medical staff to assist with the development of clinical services and the provision of quality patient care. The CNO will report to Executive Vice President and Chief Executive Officer at McLaren Lapeer Region. Essential Functions And Responsibilities
• Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the McLaren Health Care/Subsidiary Vision, Mission, and Values
• Develops and implements nursing philosophy, policies and procedures, nursing standards of patient care, treatment, and services and standards of nursing practice related to the population being served
• To Formulates and approves short- and long-term goals, objectives, plans and budgets for all Nursing Services functions, including developing and securing approval of fiscal-year budgets and goals for assigned organizational components and monitoring progress to goals, objectives, and budgets, and making necessary adjustments
• Ensures assigned functions follow applicable state and federal regulations and accepted rules of accrediting agencies; initiates corrective action as necessary
• Shows organizational skills through effective planning and delegating
• Constantly seeks opportunities to have the Medical Center work more efficiently and effectively
• Directs and/or conducts determination-of need and cost-benefit studies
• Reviews the purchase of major operational and capital equipment
• Directs continuous evaluation of the quality of patient care provided by Nursing Services
• Meets regularly with physicians, nursing personnel and representatives of ancillary departments to discuss and resolve patient care problems
• Participates as a member of the McLaren Lapeer Region executive council and various committees to provide input into the development of Medical Center-wide goals, plans, and objectives
• Interviews, hires, counsels, evaluates the performance of disciplines and, when necessary, discharges subordinate supervisory personnel
• Assists same in resolving complex employee relations problems
• Provides executive leadership for nursing, with responsibility for assisting Directors and Managers in professional development and growth
• Approves organizational structures for subordinate functions
• Directs, coordinates and oversees the preparation of divisional records, reports, and analyses
• Reviews and interprets records and reports to the extent of which Nursing Services goals are being attained
• Represents McLaren Lapeer Region to internal, external and community audiences
• Performs all other duties as assigned by the President and CEO
• Master’s Degree in Nursing, Health Care Administration or related field
• Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible management experience in a hospital or health care setting or system
• Current registered professional nursing licensure in the State of Michigan
• Ability to work in cooperation with the Board of Trustees, Administration, the Medical Staff and with community representatives Position Specific Expectations
• Maintains a positive public image for McLaren Lapeer Region by dealing with patients, employees, business contacts, vendors, and the community with a high level of courtesy and respect
• Directs Medical Center and departmental quality assessment and continuous quality improvement activities within the functional area
• Plans and develops programs designed to ensure quality improvement opportunities, goals setting, collection and evaluation of data, and quality action plans are achieved within the functional area of responsibility
• Access to Protected Health Information in any format, whether oral, written, or through Electronic Information Systems will be in accordance with HIPAA guidelines and subject to disciplinary action when misused. Access to electronic information systems for this position is based on criteria found in a pre-determined system access matrix for classification specific job function, found in HR Policy #580.
Internal Number: 1
BACK TO TOP
ARN Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else ARN Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at ARN Career Center.