Nurse Manager ~ Vanderbilt Asthma, Sinus, Allergy Program Clinic (ASAP)
August 30, 2018
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Welcome to Vanderbilt Asthma, Sinus and Allergy Program (ASAP) :
We are the first multi-specialty program in the country dedicated to treating airway diseases. If you have asthma, allergy or sinus problems, we offer total care including testing, treatment, resolution and management — all under one roof.
If you need relief from allergy, sinus or asthma issues, we can help you feel better fast. Vanderbilt is the first multi-specialty program in the country dedicated to the evaluation, treatment, and management of airway diseases. Patients have access to a total care system that encompasses evaluation, treatment, resolution, and management.
Our main office location is on West End Avenue next to Vanderbilt University and where the position is available. Additional locations are in Brentwood and Franklin, offer complete services, and include free onsite parking. We are also expanding our services to the Lebanon and Gallatin area. Travel to clinics is required as business dictates.
Monday – Friday; Days
This is a leadership role that has comprehensive operational authority and responsibility for designated clinical area(s). Their responsibilities include: fiscal accountability, maintaining quality and regulatory standards, maintaining a high level of patient/family centered care and service, patient and staff satisfaction, program development, managing and developing teams, and ensuring integration with the clinical enterprise.
Provides feedback, coaching and mentoring to less experienced peers and other members of the health care team.
Effectively communicates pertinent patient family information to healthcare team.
Develop, implement and evaluate systems that promote cost effective, quality patient care.
Graduate of an approved Nursing Program
Active Tennessee RN license
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) or higher education such as a Doctorate in nursing is required for the position. If nursing degree is a Bachelor of Science (BSN) level, the Master's degree can be a non-nursing degree
5 years of RN experience (acute Nursing experience preferred)
Supervisory / Leadership experience in a healthcare environment required (outpatient environment highly desired)
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· T he Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US