Providence is calling an experienced RN Care Manager to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking a compassionate and caring RN Care Manager to coordinate the care for complex patients from pre-admission to immediate post-discharge. The RN Care Manager acts in a non caregiver capacity by facilitating coordination and communication between all members of the health care team in the decision making process to minimize fragmentation of the health care delivery system.
This is a full-time, variable shift position.
In this position you will:
- Assess patients for care management services after a referral has been made based on the admission screening and referrals for potential patient issues
- Develop and manage a coordinated plan of care to meet patient and/or family needs
- Coordinate health education to patients, families, and staff as indicated by specific health care need
- Assure that patients are placed on appropriate clinical pathway and protocols, individualizes patient care needs through consultation with the multidisciplinary team
- Perform resource utilization review studies in collaboration with medical records and quality management staff
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in Washington State
- Three years of experience in nursing with prior experience in Utilization Review, Home Health, Quality Management and/or Discharge Planning
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) or an Associate Degree in Nursing.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital located in Olympia, WA. St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: 151081