Exciting opportunity for leadership development in Nursing. Providence is calling an experienced critical care nurse with progressive leadership experience for a Registered Nurse Manager position in the Intensive Care Unit at Providence St Vincent Medical Center in Portland, Oregon. A prestigious, Magnet-designated, teaching hospital in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
This position also provides:
- Excellent benefit package that starts the same day you do
- Robust retirement program with company matching
- Work/life balance
- Competitive wages based on your experience
- Annual bonus opportunities
- Possible relocation
- Free Tri-Met pass
- Travel, gym, and retail discounts
- Many more employee perks!
In this position, you will:
- Embrace a spirit of continual improvement and possess a relentless drive towards excellence.
- Be accountable for the 24/7 operations of their defined unit(s).
- Be accountable for the quality of care delivered and outcomes of areas under their leadership.
- Establish an environment where healing and wellness are optimized and the core values of the organization are realized for both our patients and caregivers.
- Lead effective care delivery through strong caregiver engagement, wise use of resources, and compassionately holding others accountable for their behaviors and actions.
- Assemble and develop effective teams of caregivers and lead these teams in a complex and changing environment.
- Establish and sustain collaborative inter-professional relationships in service to Providence Health & Services (PH&S) strategic plans.
- Be accountable for unit adherence to all applicable laws, regulations, policies, contracts, procedures, and standards of performance.
- Develop and mentor their direct reports and plans for succession.
- Be informed by the highest level of evidence available when developing standards and modifying care delivery systems.
- Actively support PH&S system, region, and local strategic priorities and programs.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing
- Current Oregon registered nurse (RN) license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) at time of hire
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA-BLS) for Healthcare Provider within 6 months of hire
- 5 years of recent experience as a RN in critical care nursing
- Progressive leadership experience in nursing
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree or higher in related field
- Formal coursework in management, finance, and other administrative subjects
- National certification from recognized professional organization in relevant field of clinical expertise (CCRN)
- Previous management, education, or quality experience
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: 146515