Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse \(0\.9FTE, Days\) to work in the Critical Care Float Pool at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA\.
\*\*Float Pool premium available on top of base pay
Swedish Cherry Hill has an opportunity available for an experienced RN willing to float a variety of nursing departments including Cardiac Surgery, Telemetry, Neuro Intensive Care Unit \(ICU\), and Rehab\. The Staff RN will uphold the Swedish standards in patient care\. With passion, skill, creativity, respect, and a positive approach, the Registered Nurse assumes accountability to peers, and functions as a strong team player in caring for patients\.
In this position you will:
- Provide nursing care adapted to the individual patient needs based on the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and coworkers, being an advocate for the patient at all times
- Evaluate patient's response to care and initiates independent and/or collaborative changes where appropriate
Required qualifications for this position include:
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case\-by\-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current Basic Life Support \(BLS\) certification
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support \(ACLS\) certification12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
About the Cherry Hill Campus
Swedish Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle,established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity\. On July 1, 2000, the 385\-bed tertiary\-care centerpreviously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish health\-care system\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Float Pool Nursing
Req ID: 136625