RN or LPN Supervisor over 60 bed floor, leading CNAs and LPNs and RNs. Day shift usually, but cover evenings or nights for emergency needs. 1 week of overnight call every 8 weeks. Great team environment, supportive, leadership that supports growth and ideas. Reports to Director of Nursing, then to Administrator.
Colorado Lutheran Home and Apartments is a non-profit residence and department of Lutheran Medical Center.
We offer the finest in quality care. In our homes, we encourage and embrace important qualities such as trust, compassion and independence by providing the highest quality, resident-centered care for our residents and neighborhoods.
At Colorado Lutheran Home, as a member of our care partner team, you are joining a group of dedicated people who:
•Are committed to creating an environment that promotes the well-being of all, fights to eliminate loneliness, helplessness and boredom, and where decisions are made by those who live here or those closest to them.
•Believe in the value of person-directed care. This is why we have chosen to weave the Eden Alternative Philosophy and Principles deeply within our organization.
•Are a community where becoming well-known and developing close and caring relationships matter.
•An interdisciplinary effort to achieve a successful integration of quality of life and quality of care processes.
•The Eden Alternative Philosophy and Principles are embraced to ensure that each person’s life can fully be enhanced.
•Aligns actions and decisions with our mission and vision.
•Keeps the Elders’ preferences and needs at the center of all your decisions, conversations, and actions.
•Works with the team to identify Elders strengths, preferences, life goals, and simple pleasures, and then bring them to life for each elder.
•Being an effective advocate for the Elder and helping them achieve the highest practicable physical, mental and spiritual well-being possible.
•Assists with daily life within the neighborhood in a variety of ways such as helping with fun events, serving meals, spontaneous activities, assisting Elders, leading Learning Circles, and fulfilling daily pleasures.
•Educating, advocating and supporting our culture change efforts which include plants and animals.
•Creating an atmosphere that is welcoming, relaxed, and relationship-driven, where everyone feels at home.
•Participate in educational offerings that strengthen your personal and professional skills as required.
Care Site Description
Colorado Lutheran Homes and Apartments is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
As a nonprofit residence, our mission is to foster healing and health within our community by providing a wellness way-of-life with quality, efficiency and empathy for those residents entrusted to our care.
- Arvada, Colo. (Apartments estab. 1964, Health Care Center estab. 1974)
- Independent Living, Assisted Living, Long Term Care
- Secured Memory Unit for Women
- Excellence in Action award places it in the top 380 nursing homes in the U.S. (out of 16,000+).
- Eden Alternative Registered Home
- Step One Quality Award from the American Health Care Association
This position is responsible for coordinating and providing supervision for nursing staff providing direct patient care. This position also assists in staff development.
- Supervise direct patient care delivery.
- Maintain ongoing communications with physicians concerning patient care.
- Assist the Nursing management to recruit and hire nursing staff.
- Provide supervision for assigned staff, including performance evaluations and problem solving.
- Coordinate staffing schedules to assure adequate coverage.
- Assure effective interactions with patients and families.
- Assure compliance with patient rights policies and work with other staff, as needed, to resolve grievances.
- Assist nursing personnel to act in compliance with corporate policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor compliance with patient record documentation requirements, as directed.
- Act as a resource person for other staff.
- Schedule, conduct and document regular meetings with direct report staff to assure effective communication.
- Attend and participate in rehabilitation team conferences and/or other meetings with other departments to assure satisfactory patient care.
- Actively participate in the quality improvement process for the facility.
- Participate in/provide in-service education sessions.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities.
- Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participate in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, required
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the State of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- Three years of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred