Coordinator, Surgical Nursing Team - Operating Room
Staten Island, NY
Full Time - Days - 7:00 am-3:00 pm
We are Northwell Health, and we’re shaping the future of health care. As the state’s largest health care provider with 21 hospitals and nearly 450 outpatient sites of care, we serve a community of 8 million people in the metro New York area and beyond.
At Northwell Health, we believe every role, every person and every moment matters. We embrace our Culture of C.A.R.E. (Connectedness, Awareness, Respect and Empathy) with our people and the communities we serve and our organization’s values of Caring, Excellence, Innovation and Integrity. This helps us make a powerful and positive impact on our patients’ and customers’ experiences.
Our employees are always encouraged to become the best they can be through growth and education. To make the extraordinary the new ordinary, and to make breakthroughs happen every day. Join our 61,000 strong today.
As a Surgical Nursing Team Coordinator, you will perform initial and ongoing assessment of the patients, interpret data collected and take appropriate interventions. You will be responsible for applying hospital patient care standards, nursing practice standards and evidence-based practice to patient care activities. Additional responsibilities include:
• Provides input into the development and integration of the patients interdisciplinary plan of care.
• Prepares patient and family for discharge and follow-up care.
• Assesses acute and chronic pain using hospital approved pain scale.
• Responds to patient/family needs and customer concerns as soon as possible and compassion and understanding.
• Schedules patient care assignments for various employees, both professional and non-professional.
• Evaluates the performance of employees assigned to the unit and makes recommendations concerning such performance.
• Guides and supervises patient care staff in accomplishment of goals of care on a daily basis and during emergencies.
• Directs nursing staff to develop, execute and evaluate the plan of care for each patient in collaboration with other members of the health care team.
• Plans for the implementation of new techniques for the care of patients in the operating room with Nurse Educator.
• Confers and collaborates with the Educator in planning clinical orientation and skill training for new staff members.
• Regularly participates in the evaluation of new products, equipment, procedures, data collection and research projects.
• Identifies budget needs required to support and implement new programs in area of responsibility.
• Interprets and implements safety standards and continually monitors the environment for potential and/or actual hazards, reporting problem areas promptly to nurse manager.
• Supervises the maintenance, cleanliness and orderliness of work and storage areas, fixtures, furniture and equipment of the unit.
• Participates in departmental quality initiatives.
• Assumes responsibility as charge nurse when assigned.
• Graduate of an accredited program in Professional Nursing. BSN preferred.
• Current NYS RN license
• Minimum of three (3) years of operating room experience with specific knowledge based in several specialty areas
• CNOR certification preferred
• Progressive charge nurse/leadership experience strongly preferred.
Interested candidates apply online to job id 000T84 at: NorthwellCareers.com
We are an equal opportunity/AA employer: F/M/Disability/Vet