Reporting to Antelope Memorial Hospital’s Board of Directors (AMH), the President/Chief Executive Officer of AMH directs all functions of the hospital and clinics in keeping with the overall policies established by the Governing Board and in compliance with regulatory guidelines in order that the strategic objectives of the institution can be attained. Also, provides leadership and direction in ensuring the efficient, economical, and effective utilization of resources to meet the identified needs of the service region through quality medical care and all health service programs. The President/Chief Executive Officer’s principle duties and responsibilities include:
• Leads the overall operations of all hospital and clinic programs and facilities and establishes goals and the administrative direction for the organization.
• Participates with the Governing Board in establishing mission, vision, and strategic objectives for the institution based on identified health needs of the community.
• Serves as liaison to the Governing Board, the medical staff, the community, and all departments of the hospital and associated organizations.
• Establishes and revises short and long range plans which support the institution’s mission, vision, objectives and strategic initiatives.
• Works collaboratively with the Medical Staff to assess, plan, address, and monitor the quality of our health care delivery, operational considerations for safe patient care, health needs of the community and recruitment and retention needs.
• Informs and advises the Governing Board regarding legislation, public policy, current trends, and activities in health care to facilitate policy-making.
• Assists, as needed and coordinates the selection process of new Governing Board members. Orients new Governing Board members to their role on the AMH Board.
• Organizes the functions of the hospital and clinics through appropriate departmentalization and delegation of duties including accountability and authority.
• Ensures organization-wide policies and procedures related personnel policies and practices that adequately support patient care, services, and programs of AMH.
• Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies governing healthcare delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies by continually monitoring AMH operations and its programs and physical properties, and initiating changes where required.
• Monitors a system responsible for accounting, budgeting, responsibility reporting, internal controls, auditing, and cost reporting.
• Encourages the integration of the hospital and clinics with the community through effective communication and public relations programs.
• Represents hospital and clinics in its relationships with other health agencies, government agencies, third party payers, the community, and external organizations.
• Maintains professional growth and development through education, seminars, workshops, and personal affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
The ideal candidate for the Chief Executive Officer position will be a seasoned healthcare executive with a required three to five years of executive level leadership experience as CEO, COO, CFO or similar role working in a successful organization. Progressive physician relationship management and collaboration experience is preferred. The candidate must have a master’s degree in Health Care Administration, Hospital Administration, Business Administration, or equivalent educational experience.
The new CEO will be required to live within the service area.
Additional Salary Information: The successful candidate will receive an attractive and competitive compensation package, together with an excellent benefits package.
Internal Number: 1
About Antelope Memorial Hospital
Antelope Memorial Hospital is a community, not-for-profit, multi-facility organization including Antelope Memorial Hospital, AMH Wellness Center, and five clinics located in Neligh, Elgin, Clearwater, Tilden and Orchard all dedicated to providing high-quality, accessible healthcare services to seven communities with an approximate service area of 8,000 people. Antelope Memorial Hospital provides a full continuum of care with a 23-bed critical access hospital that offers general medical, surgical, obstetrical, and emergency services on both an inpatient and outpatient basis; five clinics throughout the service area; and wellness center. The extensive continuum and mission is supported by a team of 160 employees and 102 FTEs.
BACK TO TOP
ARN Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else ARN Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at ARN Career Center.