The Program Manager is responsible for all aspects of patient care for the Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit at McLaren – Bay Region. The program manager is expected to achieve and maintain an effective and harmonious multidisciplinary team of professionals through collaboration, leadership, and management. The program manager participates in leadership activities within Mary Free Bed Hospital and McLaren – Bay Region.
Education: Minimum Associates Degree in Nursing required. Masters Degree in Nursing, business, or a related field preferred.
• Michigan RN licensure
• Experience: A minimum of three years of relevant leadership experience and direct supervision of clinical staff. Rehabilitation nursing experience preferred.
• Accurate decision-making and strong leadership skills
• Information management skills and ability to interpret, communicate, and present data. Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in conjunction with a team of professionals for problem solving.
• Sense of urgency, collaborative team style, and ability to quickly adapt to changes in priorities.
• Ability to multi-task and delegate tasks for timely project completion.
• Demonstrated commitment to organizational mission with a “whatever it takes” attitude to get the job done.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Physical Demands - Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time); to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally; to sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing; to use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time).
Internal Number: 5739
About Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It’s extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients “Ask for Mary,” they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes.